Saturday, April 18, 2009

Reflection


Reflection by shoes….

Lessons learned

At 49 (very close to 50) I have finally figured out why I hate shoe shopping….its not the shoes its my feet! You see my entire life I have always wanted to be the type of person that would wear an incredible, very stylish pair of shoes. You know a very sheek pair of stillettos, in todays fashion world a pair of Jimmy Choo’s, Malano Blanik’s or Christian Lebountie’s.

As I have become to realize the reason I can’t where these shoes is my feet, you see I have large wide feet and as hard as I try I am not a graceful person. As I have started to reflect back on my life and lessons learned I thought it might be fun to share how shoes have contributed to my life lessons.

I remember my grandmother telling me “if you hold on to something long enough it will come back” I had no idea how right she was. On a recent shopping trip for shoes I had to laugh…I had no idea espidrills, candies and wedges were back….I know I had a few pairs of these many years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tracie..These are so good :) I just love your attitude :))
    Plus I love you too!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracie,
    I absolutely loved your reflective stories centered around your memories of shoes. What a novel idea! It's just like a particular smell or an old song - it instantly takes you back to a specific time. Your stories brought back a lot of personal memories. I hope you can conjure up some more stories to write about. Laura

    ReplyDelete